Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hidden Valley Photo Blog IX

We're privileged to have a special guest blogger this time. My 12 year old son accompanied me on my last visit and provides the photographs and text for this week's blog.

Hidden Valley is a very cool place. I enjoy going there with my mom. You can see beaver slides


You can also look at the beaver dam. Here is a view from above. 



And this view is from in front of the dam.
Mom is standing in front of the dam so you can see the size of the dam compared to a 5'6" person.
Here are a couple of close up pictures of the dam. Beavers use lots of things for building material.



It's an amazing structure.

Beavers have very sharp teeth for chewing on trees.

I like exploring the creeks and looking at the interesting patterns of water on rocks.


This Daisy is one of the flowers you can find in the valley. You can see that it is almost done blooming. 















 The foxgloves are going to seed.



There are lots of things still blooming in Hidden Valley 

This is one of the buildings that is in the valley.

I always learn something new when I go with Mom. This time I learned to identify Tansy












Wild Carrot

And Yarrow.






























Until next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello TheBird :)

    You have taken some very nice photos of the beaver dam and its surrounds :)

    I really like your photographs of the water patterns on the rocks... those patterns are caused by "surface tension". You can read about it here...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface_tension

    I hope to see some more of your photos another time. I wish I could go to see the beavers with you :):):):)

    Regards, misterteapot :)

    ReplyDelete